Senior Frontend Developer (React)
Remote/Manchester | Up to 55k depending on experience
About Hiring Hub
We help employers and recruiters work better together, partnering with companies that want to make recruiting their competitive advantage while championing UK’s best boutique recruitment agencies. We have two products: a marketplace connecting employers to recruiters, and a platform to help organisations consolidate and manage all their third-party recruitment activity and spend. A friendly team of c.25 people, we have ambitions for growth over the next 2 years, and our Tech team is key to us realising that.
About Hiring Hub Tech
We are a small internal product team. Our Product Manager and BA work very closely with customers and the wider business determining new problems or opportunities for us to solve. There’s a high focus on user needs and feedback at every level, as it’s important for us to develop the products and grow as a team. We are very open and collaborative in the way we work and sometimes swarm picking up tasks outside our core skills to get regular product increments out. We’ve moved to focusing on outcomes for our planning cycles and link these to the company goals through OKRs.
Developers are involved from the outset as we workshop ideas and discuss different solutions. We are constantly moving the tech stack forward, trying to ensure we use the right tool for the job. Everyone has the opportunity to bring ideas to the table and there’s RnD time every 2 weeks to progress anything that’s not planned in the current cycle.
Although we are currently fully remote it would be good to meet in our central Manchester office a couple of times a week/month depending on your main location. However, don’t let location put you off speaking to us about the role if you are interested. Although we feel this is a full time role we can be very flexible on how those hours are worked in a week, especially during periods of homeschooling, to cover drop off/pick-up times or other responsibilities you might need to work around.
How can you help?
To complement the existing team we are looking for someone who has good frontend experience to own the frontend stack and move it forward as the company grows. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing user interface components using React.js concepts and workflows such as Redux and Webpack. Additionally you will be responsible for profiling and improving front-end performance and documenting our front-end codebase. There has been a lot of progress made on the frontend and we have started to introduce some pretty cutting edge tech that’s nice to work on and well structured.
You don’t need to have working experience of everything listed at all but be willing to get involved and learn the less familiar areas. The role is mainly hands on development but we do ensure there is time for innovation and personal growth. As a small team we control how we work and developers often pair on problems, inputting into what we do as well as how we do it. We are continually evolving and everyone’s feedback is important.
What you might bring?
- Excellent knowledge of frontend frameworks (React, HTML5)
- Working knowledge of various frontend tools (Redux,React Hooks, TypeScript, Scss, styled-components)
- You’re a web development practitioner with commercial experience of modern web frameworks.
- Proficient in designing and implementing user interface components
- An understanding of frontend build tools like webpack, babel, rollup, gulp or similar and how to efficiently manage dependencies
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks (Jest, Enzyme, Cyprus or similar)
- A good understanding of web accessibility standards
- Pitch in on architectural discussions and future Tech ideas
- Great engineering practices including CI/CD, TDD and secure coding
- Ability to troubleshoot interface software and debugging application code
- An ability to demonstrate and apply SOLID principles
- Good working knowledge of using Git and managing workflows with Gitflow or similar
- Code review experience
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- Readiness to learn what you don’t know
Nice to have or want to learn:
- Style management (Storybook)
- A desire to shape the future of a frontend tech stack
- Experience working with external or internal APIs
- An interest in UX/UI design
What you’ll get
A rare opportunity to come with us on a journey, play a key role in defining the product and your future role at Hiring Hub as we grow. At the end, we hope we can all look back on what we create and say: “we did that.”
In addition, there’s also:
- Competitive salary
- Work in an open and collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy
- Flexible working
- Remote working
- Great central Manchester office (if/when)
- 23 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Employee Perks via Perkbox
We look for people who align with our values
We have a hardworking and professional culture but believe that you should have fun doing it.
- We’re humble. Honesty, integrity, authenticity – this matters to us
- We serve. We put our colleagues and customers first
- We search. We’re never satisfied and constantly strive to do things better
And finally, we are a diverse organisation that celebrates individualism. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that we can help employers find great talent by utilising recruiters more effectively, and make people feel better about recruitment and the industry.
Want to find out more? See what we’ve been up to on our Tech and Product blog – https://blog.hiring-hub.com/category/product-tech/
Get in touch – [email protected]