About Hiring Hub
We help employers and recruiters work better together, partnering with companies that want to make recruiting their competitive advantage while championing UK’s best boutique recruitment agencies. We have two products: a marketplace connecting employers to recruiters, and a platform to help organisations consolidate and manage all their third-party recruitment activity and spend. A friendly team of c.25 people, we have ambitions for growth over the next 2 years, and our Tech team is key to us realising that.
About Hiring Hub Tech
We are a small internal product team. Our Product Manager and CTO work very closely with customers and the wider business determining new problems or opportunities for us to solve. There’s a high focus on user needs and feedback at every level, as it’s important for us to develop the products and grow as a team. We are very open and collaborative in the way we work and sometimes swarm picking up tasks outside our core skills to get regular product increments out. We’ve moved to focusing on outcomes for our planning cycles and link these to the company goals through OKRs.
Developers are involved from the outset as we workshop ideas and discuss different solutions. Although the Tech stack is predominantly Ruby on Rails we are constantly moving it forward and looking at the right tech to solve the problems. Everyone has the opportunity to bring ideas to the table and there’s RnD time every 2 weeks to progress anything that’s not planned in the current cycle.
Although we are currently fully remote it would be good to meet in our central Manchester office a couple of times a week/month depending on your main location. However, don’t let location put you off speaking to us about the role if you are interested. Although we feel this is a full time role we can be very flexible on how those hours are worked in a week, especially during periods of homeschooling, to cover drop off/pick-up times or other responsibilities you might need to work around.
How can you help?
We’re looking for a strong Ruby on Rails developer to complement our existing team. Someone who is happy leading on smaller projects, proactively identifying opportunities for improvement, and is happy working in areas outside of their comfort zone from time-to-time.
Over the last year we’ve been making a concerted effort with a small team to bring many legacy areas of the application into line with modern development practices and we’d like you to be able to help us continue that effort. As a small team and business we’re able to adapt and change quickly which means we’re open to all sorts of ideas as to what the best path forward might be. There are plenty of opportunities for you to lead on key cornerstone projects that will ultimately re-shape what our tech stack looks like in the short and long-term.
In order for us to be able to deliver on these new changes we need someone who really enjoys collaborating with a team, understands how to balance technical debt, and can implement value in small increments to help ensure short feedback loops.
What you might bring?
- You’re a web development practitioner with commercial experience of modern web frameworks. RoR knowledge is essential for this role.
- Good working knowledge of APIs and consuming external data sources (Graphiti, GraphQL, or RESTful APIs)
- Good working knowledge of databases including MySQL with demonstrable ability to write complex queries and to make optimisations
- Ability to identify, debug and resolve production issues
- Good understanding of testing principles
- Pitch in on architectural discussions and future Tech ideas
- An ability to demonstrate and apply SOLID principles
- Good working knowledge of using Git and managing workflows with Gitflow or similar
- Experience of working in an Agile team
- Readiness to work across the full stack and learn what you don’t know
Nice to have or want to learn:
- Application security knowledge
- Good knowledge of frontend tooling and frameworks (React, Redux, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap)
- Experience working with Docker or containers
- Experience with DevOps tooling
- Stripe Payments
What you’ll get
A rare opportunity to come with us on a journey, play a key role in defining the product and your future role at Hiring Hub as we grow. At the end, we hope we can all look back on what we create and say: “we did that.”
In addition, there’s also:
- Competitive salary
- Work in an open and collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy
- Flexible working
- Remote working
- Great central Manchester office (if/when)
- 23 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- Employee Perks via Perkbox
We look for people who align with our values
We have a hardworking and professional culture but believe that you should have fun doing it.
We’re humble. Honesty, integrity, authenticity – this matters to us
We serve. We put our colleagues and customers first
We search. We’re never satisfied and constantly strive to do things better
And finally, we are a diverse organisation that celebrates individualism. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that we can help employers find great talent by utilising recruiters more effectively, and make people feel better about recruitment and the industry.
Want to find out more? See what we’ve been up to on our Tech and Product blog – https://blog.hiring-hub.com/category/product-tech/
Get in touch – [email protected]