Want to play your part in redefining an entire industry – using data and reviews to place trust and integrity at the heart of recruitment? Here at Hiring Hub, we’re on a mission to make people feel good about an industry that, let’s face it, is maligned. And we’re looking to build a world class product team to take a leading role in improving a broken sector.
We’ve started building an intelligent online marketplace that uses data and reviews to make recruitment more transparent for everyone: companies, candidates, and agencies. Can you help us take it to the next level?
So who are we?
Recently named in GP Bullhound’s Top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in the north, and included in the 2017 Silicon Valley C2UK Scale-up Club, Hiring Hub is a purpose-driven, VC-backed company that’s growing quickly thanks to its “let’s make things better” approach. Following a recent round of investment, we are recruiting key people ready for the next phase of this exciting and rewarding journey.
How can you help?
We’re looking for a mid-level frontend developer looking for the next step in their career. You will be instrumental in building and supporting new and existing applications.
As one of the first members of this team you’ll be helping Hiring Hub decide how and what it builds, and helping to define the team’s ways of working and culture as it grows. You will work collaboratively to design and implement solutions that meet the needs of Hiring Hub’s users; SME employers, small independent recruitment agencies, and you – candidates.
You’ll be able to contribute to change on the existing technical estate and the architectural decisions that direct the development of the platform moving forwards.
What you’ll get
A rare opportunity to come with us on a journey and play a key role in steering the product and the team’s direction in a progressive environment. At the end, we hope we can all look back on what we create and say: “we did that.” In addition, there’s also:
• Competitive salary
• An opportunity to help shape a team, and be part of a fantastic mission
• Work in an open and collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy
• Flexible working
• Great central Manchester location (Northern Quarter)
• Plenty of holiday
• Pension scheme
• Dog friendly office
Hiring Hub is a is an equal opportunity employer that values, in fact champions, diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital or disability status.
Who are you and what will you bring?
• You’re a passionate front end developer, versed in modern techniques and front end technologies.
• You should know your adaptive from your responsive design and your progressive enhancement from your graceful degradation.
• You use font awsome (or whatever the latest trending icon pack is) and you’re a stickler for getting things pixel perfect.
• You have a good working knowledge of Bootstrap CSS (or a similar CSS framework) and have commercial experience.
• You have good knowledge of JQuery (but you probably think its outdated and its time to move on…).
• You have knowledge of modern CSS methodologies such as BEM and Atomic Design.
• You have experience of consuming and pushing data to REST API’s to build data driven experiences.
• You have good working knowledge of trends and UI/UX practises.
• Readiness to pick up new skills to allow you to work across the stack and independently (with support when needed).
• Experience of working in a commercial environment.
Nice to have or be able to learn:
• Experience of working in an Agile team
• Experience with testing your code and using TDD techniques with tools such as Jasime, Mocha, Watir or Capybara
• Experience working with Ruby/Rails