Want to play your part in redefining an entire industry – using data and reviews to place trust and integrity at the heart of recruitment? Here at Hiring Hub, we’re on a mission to make people feel good about an industry that, let’s face it, is maligned. And we’re looking to build a world class product team to take a leading role in redefining a broken sector.
We’ve started building an intelligent online marketplace that uses data and reviews to make recruitment more transparent for everyone: companies, candidates, and agencies. Can you take it to the next level?
So who are we?
Recently named in GP Bullhound’s Top 50 fastest-growing technology companies in the north, and included in the 2017 Silicon Valley C2UK Scale-up Club, Hiring Hub is a purpose-driven, VC-backed company that’s growing quickly thanks to this disruptive approach. Following a recent round of investment, we are recruiting key people ready for the next phase of this exciting and rewarding journey.
How can you help?
You will be instrumental in building new and existing applications for Hiring Hub. As the team lead you’ll be helping Hiring Hub define how and what it builds. You’ll own the existing technical estate and the architectural decisions that direct the development of the platform moving forward. As well as hands on development you’ll be supporting and growing a small team.
Setting the technical direction for the full stack, championing open and collaborative ways of working and mentoring more junior team members will be a key part of the role. The team will be working closely with the business’ outcomes to collaboratively design solutions that meet the needs of its users; SME employers, small independent recruitment agencies, and you – candidates.
Who are you and what you might bring?
- You’re a Ruby practitioner with commercial experience and an appreciation for other languages and paradigms
- You have strong working knowledge of Ruby on Rails 4 & 5 along with the Ruby eco-system at large
- Good working knowledge of databases including MySQL with demonstrable ability to write complex queries and to make optimisations
- Ability to identify, debug and resolve production issues
- Good knowledge of front end tooling and frameworks (HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, React, JQuery)
- Good testing background with knowledge of working with RSpec and Capybara preferable
- Great engineering practices including CI/CD, TDD and secure coding.
- An ability to demonstrate and apply SOLID principles
- Good working knowledge of using Git and managing workflows with Gitflow or similar
- An ability to help mentor and coach other team members and work through problems collaboratively
- Experience of setting up and managing production infrastructure with knowledge of AWS or similar cloud services
- Experience of working in an Agile team with the ability to delegate tasks and workload
- Readiness to work across the full stack and learn what you don’t know
- Experience working with RESTful API’s and consuming external data sources
- Able and willing to pick up ad-hoc tasks that are not necessarily within your core skill set
Nice to have or be able to learn:
- Application security
- Experience working with Docker or containers
- Experience with DevOps tooling
- Stripe Payments
- Knowledge of microservices and service architecture
What you’ll get
A rare opportunity to come with us on a journey, play a key role in defining the product and your future role at Hiring Hub as we grow. At the end, we hope we can all look back on what we create and say: “we did that.”
In addition, there’s also:
- Competitive salary
- An opportunity to shape and grow a team, and be part of a fantastic mission
- Work in an open and collaborative environment with a flat hierarchy
- Flexible working
- Great central Manchester location
- Plenty of holiday
- Pension scheme
- Employee Perks via Perkbox
- Dog friendly office
Hiring Hub is a is an equal opportunity employer that values, in fact champions diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. You don’t have to have everything listed on the job spec but have a good mix of skills and experience with a willingness to learn. Feel free to ask any questions.